We are open to serve you Monday-Thursday from 9am to 7pm, Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday 9am to 3pm and Sundays 1pm to 5pm.
We are...a community hub for idea makers, dreamers, knowledge seekers, relaxers, path blazers, readers, rule benders, back packers and reminiscers.
- To serve the library district as a center of reliable information.
- To identify community needs and provide programs of service and action in cooperation with other organizations, agencies and institutions.
- To provide opportunity and encouragement for children, young people and adults to be lifelong learners.
- To support educational, civic and cultural activities of groups and organizations.
- A reference and information center for the service area.
- A child’s door to reading for pleasure and life-long learning.
- A source of popular recreational materials for people of all ages.
- A complement to needed resources for students.
- A service center for seniors.
Louisburg Library is a member of the Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS).
NEKLS provides direct grants, consulting services, continuing education, shared resource services and other support to member libraries in a 14-county area of northeast Kansas. The 110 member libraries include public, school, academic and special libraries of all types and sizes.
For more information, check out NEKLS today!